Career Stream: P2
The Portfolio and Change Management Team are currently part of Enterprise Technology and manage the Portfolio Roadmap for all Business Change [including business, product and technology initiatives].
The Portfolio and Change Management Team enable transformational programme and project change, from concept through to operationalisation and benefit realisation. The Change Portfolio consists of many initiatives of varying nature, scale and complexity often with an impact on the Enterprise Operating Model.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is undergoing rapid expansion and driving new ways of working. As such you should be comfortable working with ambiguity and keen to actively drive innovation in the team and wider business’
This role is to help lead with the creation, training and embedding of the core delivery framework elements including templates, processes and the governance aspects that surround them.
In a lot of cases these elements will need to be created from scratch, and could cover areas such as financial, planning, RAID, stage gates, all of which will require templates, processes and governance aspects.
This role is part of an Enterprise Portfolio, so the role will be central, spanning across a number of Programmes, Projects, and Agile deliveries.
- Support the Portfolio PMO Manager in shaping, and deploying the Portfolio Governance Process (Framework, Ways of Working, Demand Management, Resource, Finance, RAID, Planning, Reporting etc)
- Help lead in the creation of how we collect, analyse, interpret and report data across the portfolio
- Work with the Delivery community [Programme Managers, Project Managers, Delivery Leads and Scrum Masters] to shape the process and touchpoints required to help control the Portfolio
- Engage business, product and technology stakeholders to ensure their needs and desired outcomes are considered in the process
- Support with the establishment, growth and enhancement the Portfolio Governance Process
- Handle large volumes of complex data and employ analysis skills to draw recommendations for stakeholders.
- Promote rigour, quality and standardisation through the portfolio
- Help to set up and embed appropriate PPM tooling as required
- Help input into the creation and management of certain aspects of:
- Relevant data points for input into various reporting and governance meetings
- Portfolio Demand Process
- Portfolio Financial Management Process
- Portfolio Status Reporting Process
- Portfolio Resource Management Process
- Portfolio Planning Process
- Portfolio Risk & Issues Management
- Benefits Management Process
- Help to align the Delivery community to ensure there is a consistent Delivery Model
Stakeholders & Relationships
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to drive & influence the formation and adoption of appropriate Portfolio Governance
- Working closely with Delivery teams, enterprise architecture, product, strategy, business leadership, change management, product & platform engineering, service teams and corporate functions
Coaching and Guidance
- Help communicate and champion portfolio governance framework, methodologies, and ways of working across the business
- Provide support to delivery teams with portfolio tools
- Significant experience in a PMO role
- An independent, pro-active and ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work well with teams across the business with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Analytically minded, data focused, and detail oriented
- Proven experience of creating necessary data elements within a portfolio delivery model, including Excel Pivot tables, vlookup functions etc
- Experience in helping to set up new portfolio structures, processes and ways of working
- Experience of Azure DevOps would be advantageous
- Experience of portfolio PMO in an environment undergoing Transformational change
- Experience of operating within both a scaled-agile and traditional portfolio environment
- Experience producing insightful and actionable reports to enable effective decision making
- Experience of continuous improvement
- Experience of Stakeholder Management at differing levels, various teams and stakeholders across the wider business.
- Ability to design items of communication to convey complex issues in an easily understood fashion to team members and project / programme sponsors
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies and we're not looking to add to our PSL.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CV's sent to the recruitment team or directly to the hiring manager. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV's