Career Level T2
Mon-Fri (37.5hrs a week)
Why work for us:
We’re evolving, innovating and growing at a rapid pace and we’re ambitious and excited about the future in every single area of our business in Europe.
Our scale and scope are unmatched – we’re a century-old business that is the world’s largest automotive services company. But that’s not what makes us great. Our 2,500+ team members in Europe do that every day, as they collaborate with each other to bring out the best in everyone.
We thrive on what makes us different – and we empower our people, clients and communities to come together and celebrate each other’s unique abilities and perspectives. Inclusion is an essential part of both our culture and our business strategy.
Our sense of social responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We believe we should be ‘stewards of the world we live in’, so whether it’s volunteering, fundraising, focusing on health and wellbeing or improving our environmental footprint, we love doing things to support the causes we’re passionate about.
The automotive industry is changing. Better manufacturing, evolving brand loyalty and more lease/buy options than ever are shaping consumer demand and seller behaviour leading to impending unprecedented volumes of used vehicle inventory. That’s where Cox Automotive comes in.
We have more than 33,000 team members in 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, and engaging consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry.
Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 60,000 employees.
As a .NET developer, you will be responsible for working as part of the engineering function delivering a large and complex web application used within the motor industry.
The role will involve working with the latest web technologies under experienced technical architects on projects that will be used by both customers and employees within a vehicle remarketing setting. Daily tasks will involve coding in an agile team working from specifications on existing and new products for the group.
- Develop and deliver a wide range of high profile, accessible and standards-compliant web projects.
- Develop solutions in-line with in-house standards and practices.
- Customise current application in line with changing business needs.
- Carry out testing during the code development.
- Produce technical documentation for software modules being delivered.
- Contribute to the on-going development of best practices, identification of suitable new tools and system and service improvements.
- Experience developing and implementing quality engineering programs using the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Must possess strong communication and process management skills and be willing to play an active part in an agile development team
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a collaborative team environment with peers and stakeholders.
- Experience executing development within an Agile SDLC.
- Focus to work to deadlines and deliverables.
- Proficient in web programming within depth knowledge of C#, ASP.NET and the .NET Framework.
- Experience of implementing automated or performance-based tests.
- Exposure to NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, PostgresDB or DynamoDB; particularly the creation of document models, understanding indexing and document retrieval and maintenance activities.
- Strong understanding of internet, systems, web technologies and web service architectures.
- Experience with object-oriented software development methodologies and practices.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle.
- A good understanding of configuration management, testing and bug tracking; ideally with experience of NUnit, xUnit or MSTest and performance monitoring tool using New Relic.
- Experience of development source control using GIT or similar technologies. Including branching, merging and pull requests.
- Ability to understand, improve and debug legacy code if required.
Ability to write clear technical documentation to support the delivery of a software project.
- Experience of GIT or other distributed source control systems.
- Experience using Agile Team collaboration tools like Rally, TFS or Jira.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies and we're not looking to add to our PSL.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CV's sent to the recruitment team or directly to the hiring manager. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV's