Career Level M2
Mon - Fri (37.5hrs a week)
Why work for us:
We’re evolving, innovating and growing at a rapid pace and we’re ambitious and excited about the future in every single area of our business in Europe.
Our scale and scope are unmatched – we’re a century-old business that is the world’s largest automotive services company. But that’s not what makes us great. Our 2,500+ team members in Europe do that every day, as they collaborate with each other to bring out the best in everyone.
We thrive on what makes us different – and we empower our people, clients and communities to come together and celebrate each other’s unique abilities and perspectives. Inclusion is an essential part of both our culture and our business strategy.
Our sense of social responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We believe we should be ‘stewards of the world we live in’, so whether it’s volunteering, fundraising, focusing on health and wellbeing or improving our environmental footprint, we love doing things to support the causes we’re passionate about.
The Platform Engineering & Infrastructure Manager role sits within the Enterprise Technology Business Unit, which provisions Technology services to all Cox UK Businesses and to some elements of the Cox Automotive International Business.
The Enterprise Technology Business Unit was formed in Quarter 4 of 2018, with a number of key objectives covering the delivery of enterprise wide services on behalf of the Business Units that make up Cox Automotive UK (Manheim, Retail Solutions, Next Gear Capital and Dealer Auction).
In parallel to the provision of the above services the Enterprise Technology Business Unit will be collaborating with the Cox UK Business in the development and implementation of a Cox UK strategy and the underpinning transformation programmes to deliver that strategy.
This role is accountable for the provision and ongoing management of the Cloud Platforms, Cloud operations and Infrastructure services across all business units within Cox Automotive Europe, ensuring that we operate Infrastructure and cloud platforms that are robust, scalable, and fit for purpose whilst maintaining appropriate governance.
Responsible for all aspects of Infrastructure and Cloud platforms including Strategy, Transformation, Delivery and Operations, while simultaneously managing and maintaining the production engineering platforms.
This role is a critical role to help define our cloud strategy and infrastructure for the future to ensure we are using the correct technologies to support our strategic aims as a business aligned with our product strategy.
- To develop a Cloud platform and Infrastructure strategy aligned to the overall technology strategy and to help Technology better align itself to the Cox UK’s corporate and financial strategies
- Foster long term relationships with key strategic 3rd party partners around strategy, transformation, operations, contracts and commercials
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with Cox International and Cox US
- Design and execute short plus long term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity supports current and future needs
- Provide management and leadership to a dedicated team of Cloud Infrastructure and Operations engineers.
- Performance management for Platform & Infrastructure team through 1:1 and annual appraisal
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and control expenditures within approved budget objectives
- Reviews and approves business cases aligned to annual budget and technology strategy
- Find cost saving opportunities and cost optimisations through use of technology.
- Oversee operational costs of infrastructure platforms; conduct short and long-term financial estimates for technology changes
Cloud Platforms & Infrastructure
- To develop a supporting Infrastructure operating architecture inclusive of monitoring, reporting, alerting and business continuity
- Develop cloud governance & best practices and ensure these are aligned to a cloud strategy
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the Infrastructure and Cloud platforms to support the CAUK application Portfolio and Product Roadmaps
- Ensure the successful deployment of appropriate systems management and automation frameworks in order to optimize Cloud Infrastructure availability and response times
- Ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and making recommendation for improvements. Evaluates and recommends new technology solutions to ensure the future state of the infrastructure is protected and proactively managed.
- Develop, execute and oversee procedures, policies and related training plans for infrastructure administration
- Create and maintain a consistent approach and operating environment in line with CA benchmarks, governance and compliance.
- Manage and establish plans for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations
- Define and manage Business Continuity strategies for core platforms and infrastructure services
- Assess all technology infrastructure and devise roadmaps to ensure migration/decommission plans are produced and executed in line with budget expectations
- Look at optimisations across the platforms leveraging Azure cloud (Infrastructure as Code (IaC))
- Ensure the relevant Dev/Test/QA/Live environments cloud environments are delivered end to end for all critical services to enhance and optimise our delivery from test through to production
- Look at enterprise service enhancements on the cloud platforms to deliver - Self service provisioning, DevOps, Assets, Service Model
- Ensure service monitoring across cloud operations is consistent. Provide oversight & governance of Event Management and log aggregation across all workloads, deployment tools.
- (New Relic / Site24*7 / Nagios / Grafana)
- Lead team members in Implementing and maintaining monitoring solutions to accurately assess the health and performance of CAUK cloud infrastructure (NOC Style operations (Monitoring)
- Work with our development teams to assess and define the best toolset for optimal delivery.
- Increase efficiency for Cloud Infrastructure delivery through implementing latest technologies such as Terraform, Azure DevOps, Orchestration tools, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Azure Resource Manager
- Develop and deploy network policies, standards, strategies and direction for network system solutions using current and emerging technologies, translating business requirements into network or process designs
- Help support and develop CAUK’s network strategy to include security, performance and integrity, VoIP, Wireless, LAN/WAN and MPLS infrastructure.
- Experience working in a Cloud / Infrastructure Manager or similar role
- Excellent experience designing and delivering infrastructure strategies
- Experience working in a cloud based environment with Azure and AWS, managing cloud infrastructure in an Agile, DevOps environment
- Experience leading infrastructure teams
- An effective communicator who can seamlessly transition between discussing high level vision with executives to low level tactics with the engineering team.
- You are able to influence people and align efforts across the company to act as one in pursuit of a common goal.
- A validated technical leader with deep knowledge and experience in creating production grade, end-to-end cloud platforms.
- A constant learner who is passionate about staying at the forefront of the cloud engineering landscape.
- Hands on with Cloud, Azure or AWS
- Proven experience in managing and delivering into Unix and Windows based environments
- Strong understanding of business drivers, processes and delivering solutions that meet customer's expected business outcomes.
- Applications deployment of cloud (AWS or Azure) technologies including IaaS, PaaS and containerization
- Experience of working with Azure, moving on prem to off prem and experience automating processes
- Proven experience in delivering Infrastructure as Code on Azure and AWS
- Excellent people skills to enable effective management of the technology teams, both internal and external
- Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge
- Strong leadership and project management skills
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies and we're not looking to add to our PSL.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CV's sent to the recruitment team or directly to the hiring manager. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV's